Monday 8 October 2018

HAND LETTERING

LETTERING:
The lettering has been very important because it is very related with the attraction of imagine a product. Because of this it has been very important in advertising and marketing.
We were asked to take some pictures in the street with different letterings like; logos, book titles... I took photos of these book covers.
  I liked this lettering because usually in the books the lettering is the same and the covers are boring, but in this one it looks like it's painted with a brush, and I thought that it was different and interesting. I think that the relation between the lettering and the story is that the love is very sudden and they have to make relationship strong and indelible like a painting.
 I chose this cover because I've never been able to write well in capital letters and I liked this type of capital letters althought that is very simple. I don't know the meaning of the lettering because I have not read the book but I think that fits very well with the cover.
I don't know why but I have always loved this type of lettering: courier. I have always put this type of letter in my texts in the computer. It also reminds me the writing machine and I love vintage objects.




No comments:

Post a Comment

EUROPE PRESENTATION

We were asked to do a presentation, with 20 slides 20 second each, about a city in Europe. I chose Copenhagen. I think that it's an ama...